Red-roofed houses, an iconic church, and a beautifully landscaped park: it doesn't get more classically Istrian than Rovinj. The beaches outside the city are some of the best on this coast.
Learn more about Rovinj »
- Natural Beauty
- Visit the Church of St. Euphemia , which contains a sarcophagus from the 6th century.
- Rovinj's Aquarium, founded in 1893, is one of the oldest in Europe and houses a center for maritime research.
- Just south of the harbor lies Zlatni Rt, a park with avenues of cedars, oaks, and cypress.
- Wander around Rovinj's main square. It's the center of activity year round.
- The city's Summer Music Festival runs from July to September and features classical music recitals in the churches.
- The 17th-century Dvigrad ruins are 14 mi/23 km east of Rovinj and are great for kids who want to explore history.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's