Konya is where you'll find the Sufi mystic Rumi's tomb and museum. During the annual festival dedicated to him, thousands of devotees make the pilgrimage here. It is also an ideal spot to watch a performance of whirling dervishes.
Learn more about Konya »
- Art and Culture
- Watch a performance of whirling dervishes at the Mevlâna Cultural Center. Make sure to book well in advance.
- The Mevlâna Museum is dedicated to the founder of the whirling dervishes, the Sufi mystic Rumi, who espoused dance as a surrender to the divine.
- The graceful Alaaddin mosque is built on a hill. Its marble columns were taken from a Roman temple.
- The annual Mevlâna festival takes place in December.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's