The Swiss AlpsBack to European itinerary browser »
This itinerary will take you to great heights. From Mount Pilatus near Luzern to the Matterhorn, the Grindelwald, Mürren and Mont Blanc, this trip aims to be tip-top. Don't be afraid to slow down and enjoy the scenery as you travel from point to point, especially when moving from Lauterbrunnen to Zermatt and between Lausanne and Geneva.
- Natural Beauty
This Trip's Top Experiences:
Lovely on the Lake
- Luzern is the home of the wooden Chapel Bridge, Europe's oldest
- The Baroque Jesuit Church also has two onion dome towers from 1893
- Mount Pilatus is a beautiful hike just outside the city
Many, Many Mountains
- Trek from Interlaken to St. Beatus-Höhlen's natural caverns and hillside pavilion
- See the view from Mürren, a village that's 5,413 feet up
- Explore the Grindelwald glacier and the Jungfrau
Home of the Matterhorn
- You'll find the famed Matterhorn here, one of the wonders of the Western world
- Explore the town of Zermatt, the world's most famous car-free village
- Visit St. Peter's Church, established by Anglicans to tend to Brits consumed with the desire to climb the peak here.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's