The Amalfi CoastBack to The Mezzogiorno: Southern Italy »
Dripping with bougainvilleas, this coastline just south of Naples exudes beauty. Towns perch precariously on cliffs, and narrow, winding roads offer views that simply don't quit. Starting off in Sorrento, make the trip around the peninsula to Positano, Amalfi, and Ravello. Spend your time visiting phenomenal archaeological ruins, sunbathing, and drinking limoncello, the lemon liqueur that's a local specialty.
- Natural Beauty
- The twisting, cliff-hugging Amalfi Drive, starting in Sorrento and winding its way to Positano and beyond, is a truly breathtaking experience—both because of the perilous curves and the stunning views.
- Explore magical Positano, a picture-postcard town that climbs up the cliffs from the sea. Have a swim in its lovely waters.
- Ravello, high above the water, offers clean air, and perfect views of the sea far down below.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's