St-Jean-Cap-Ferrat and BeaulieuBack to The Italian and French Rivieras »
The eastern Côte d'Azur is arguably the most glamorous area along the coast. Cap Ferrat has long been the playground of the sapphires-and-sunglasses set, and has some of the most spectacular villas in France, the best of which are open to the public.
Learn more about St-Jean-Cap-Ferrat »
- Art and Culture
- Explore Villa Kerylos in Beaulieu, an eye-popping mansion built in classical-Greek style by an amateur archaeologist who loved Greece. If Odysseus had a mansion it would look like this.
- Visit the impressively beautiful Villa Ephrussi de Rothschild in Cap Ferrat, once owned by an eccentric baroness. Built in neo-Venetian style (with some ocean-liner touches!), the villa is stocked with beautiful antiques and is surrounded with seven themed gardens.
- Walk along Cap Ferrat's coastline promenade to peek at the chichi villas, swimming in tropical flora and perched over the sea.
- Visit the eagle's-nest village of Èze, which has unrivaled coastal views and watercolor-pretty streets.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's