Cork is Ireland's second largest city and one of the most vibrant. Thanks to its small population it has the fun, cozy atmosphere of a college town. After spending time in Cork, use it as a base to make day trips to the Blarney Stone and nearby villages.
Learn more about Cork City »
- Cork City is one of the liveliest in Ireland, thanks to its pubs, funky cafés, and music venues.
- Head to Blarney Castle to kiss the Blarney Stone, and be blessed with the gift of gab.
- Visit Kinsale, a picturesque port famed for its fine dining and chic atmosphere. It's known as the St. Tropez of Ireland.
- The Cork Film Festival and Guinness Jazz Festival, both in July, are two of Cork's biggest events.
- Tiny Cobh (15 mi/24 km southeast of Cork City) is a lovely port and resort town.
- At Fota Island Wildlife Park (7 mi/11 km east of Cork) visitors can glimpse monkeys, giraffes, cheetahs, and wallabies.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe