Who can resist the allure of Paris? The city has an embarrassment of riches from its museums and palaces to world-class restaurants and shops. It could take you multiple lifetimes to explore it all from top to bottom—and that's not counting the Louvre! If you have a lot on your sightseeing agenda, be sure to also take the time to just sit in a café and watch the world parade by.
Learn more about Paris »
- Art and Culture
- The Louvre is home to some of the greatest treasures in the art world, including the Mona Lisa, The Winged Victory, and Venus de Milo.
- Take a day trip to the Palace of Versailles, once the home of Louis XIV and his 20,000 courtiers.
- The beauty and harmony of Notre Dame Cathedral is unsurpassed. Don't miss the carved gargoyles and the stained-glass windows.
- Eat well at a five-star restaurant or humble bistro, and take time to window shop along the Rue du Faubourg Saint-Honoré.
- No matter when you visit Paris, a major event will be happening, from the Tour de France to wine, food, rock, and jazz festivals.
- Visit Monet's house and gardens at Giverny, 44 mi/71 km northwest of Paris.
- Take the kids to Disneyland Paris, 24 mi/39 km east of the city.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe