Switzerland's stateliest city, Geneva is a hub of diplomacy, shopping, and business. Whether you're exploring the lakefront or buying a watch, the town can provide an activity. Given time, it's ideal to explore the surrounding lakeside towns, like Lausanne, en route from Zermatt.
Learn more about Geneva »
- Natural Beauty
- Art and Culture
- Check out the Water Jet. It's Europe's tallest fountain, spouting nearly 400 feet into the air every second.
- At the International Museum of the Reformation and the Wall of the Reformers, you can trace the logic and history behind the Protestant Reformation, and learn about its key players.
- Explore the parkland in Geneva's right bank, which provides the best views for seeing nearby Mount Blanc. The mountain is the tallest in Europe.
- The Geneva Festival, with food and carnival rides, is during the first half of August.
- The Sailing Regatta on the lake is held the first half of June.
- Stop in Lausanne, 41 mi/66 km away, en route to Geneva for the beautiful cathedral and hilly streets. From here, a ferry ride to Geneva offers a glimpse of Mont Blanc and quaint lakeside villages.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's