Sweden Above the Arctic CircleBack to European itinerary browser »
This trip lets you see what Sweden's far north has to offer. Start with the cosmopolitan delights of Stockholm, then head north to learn about the Sami people. The region hosts popular outdoor activities in summer and winter.
- Natural Beauty
- Art and Culture
This Trip's Top Experiences:
The Archipelago Capital
- Boating in Stockholm's archipelago is an exquisite summertime activity; rent a sailboat or wooden boat and go exploring
- At the City Hall, you can see where the Nobel Prize is awarded or catch a panoramic view from the 348-foot tower
- Take advantage of extra daylight and stay out late at one of the city's nightclubs—they're open until 3 AM
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's