Before your return to Paris, spend a day getting ready for re-entry in Les Andelys, a tiny historic town just 20 minutes by car from the city. Les Andelys' most prominent sight is the Chateau-Gaillard, a ruined castle, but the pair of nearby villages (Petite-Andely and Grand-Andely) are worth exploring for their charming cafés and riverside views.
Learn more about Normandy »
- Natural Beauty
- Richard the Lionheart's Chateau-Gaillard, now in ruins, utilized military building techniques that were new in 1196, the year it was built. Tour the ruins, then enjoy sensational views of the Seine from the cliff.
- Explore the twin towns of Les Andelys, which have a beautiful old Gothic church and myriad charming cafés and other small restaurants.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe