Zürich, Switzerland's high-energy metropolis, is more than a banking capital. From impressive churches to awesome art collections, the city has much to offer the culturally inclined. If shopping is your pastime of choice, you'll find plenty to engage you here.
Learn more about Zürich »
- The Great Church is a 12th-century structure with 18th-century updates—the core spans the Carolingian to Gothic styles with one modern touch: Giacometti's stained-glass windows.
- The Stiftung Sammlung E.G. Bührle has a stunning array of Manets, Monets, and more. Because of a robbery in 2008, visits are by appointment only.
- Zürich is a shopper's paradise. Walk along the Bahnhofstrasse for a peek at high-end boutiques, and head to Niederdorf for avant-garde looks.
- The Theater Spectacular runs from the end of August into September.
- Tango Week dances into town at the end of July.
- World-famous masterpieces can be found at the Am Römerholz art collection, 12 mi/19 km northeast of Zürich.
- The Rhine Falls, 30 mi/48 km northeast of Zürich, impressed even Wordsworth and Goethe.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's