Set at the foot of the mighty Jungfrau and situated between two lakes, Interlaken is the perfect entryway to the Bernese Oberland. Set out in any direction from this sleepy town—noted for its historic hotels—and you're guaranteed awesome sights.
Learn more about Interlaken »
- Art and Culture
- Natural Beauty
- The Victoria-Jungfrau Hotel is a jewel in the heart of town. As visitors did in the days of Mark Twain and Queen Victoria, enjoy drinks on its restaurant terraces overlooking the Bernese mountains.
- Walk the Höheweg, Interlaken's promenade, for a taste of the city. The trees and flowers lead to a 35-acre park.
- Catch William Tell in a nighttime outdoor pageant from June to September.
- Take the cog railway to Jungfraujoch, Europe's highest railway station.
- The Grindelwald glacier is 12 mi/19 km south of Interlaken.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's