Zaragoza is riding high and continues to thrive after its 2008 Universal Exposition. Once the seat of the Kingdom of Aragón, today Zaragoza is a lively university town with a host of sights—including a cathedral and several small art museums.
Learn more about Zaragoza »
- Art and Culture
- The immense, Baroque Basílica de Nuestra Señora del Pilar is Zaragoza's symbol and pride. It has 11 cupolas and frescoes painted by a young Goya.
- The Museo del Centro de Historia exhibits a wide-range of memorabilia from Zaragoza's 2,000 year history.
- Originally a fortress and royal residence, the Palacio de La Aljafería is one of Spain's great Moorish palaces. It is now the home of the regional parliament.
- During the fiestas honoring the Virgen de Pilar in October, expect bullfights and parades.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's