With its rosy roofs and red-brick mansions, Toulouse is known as the pink city. This capital of the Midi-Pyrénées is also a thriving student town and its cultural offerings can rival those in Paris. The centre ville is packed with historic churches and museums.
Learn more about Toulouse »
- The enormous Basilique St-Sernin is Toulouse's most famous landmark, thanks to its five-tier octagonal tower.
- In the Musée des Augustins, an outstanding array of Romanesque sculptures and paintings, are displayed in a sacristy and cloisters.
- The Église des Jacobins was built in the 1230s and is a major Gothic masterpiece. The church's original refectory site is now used for temporary art installations.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's