San Sebastián is a sophisticated little city curved around one of the finest urban beaches in the world. Take it all in by walking along the promenade and up in the hills. Stroll along the Old Quarter or try your hand at surfing, and don't forget to try as many of San Sebastián's superb restaurants as you can.
Learn more about San Sebastián »
- Art and Culture
- Food and Wine
- One of the best ways to admire all the Belle Epoque buildings is to walk along the promenade or pick up a path leading to the hills for an aerial view.
- The Kursaal is San Sebastián's modernist performance center. Films and concerts take place here.
- Take your pick of local tapas restaurants, often run by award-winning chefs.
- The September Film Festival coincides with a whaleboat regatta.
- The Pasajes de San Juan, 6 mi/10 km east of San Sebastián, is home to a colorful cluster of 18th- and 19th-century seaside buildings.
- Hondarribia (7 mi/11 km east of Pasajes) is the last fishing port before the French border.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's