This glamorous beach town is where the likes of Charlie Chaplin, Coco Chanel, and exiled Russian royals used to vacation. Today it has maintained its aura of glamour, thanks to its casino, and is also where surfing was introduced in Europe.
Learn more about Biarritz »
- Art and Culture
- Blow the budget at the Hôtel du Palais, once the residence of Napoléon III, or just go for a drink to admire the over-the-top decor.
- Take a stroll along the Quai de la Grande Plage to admire one of the most elegant beaches in Europe, or to just people-watch.
- Travel back to the days of the Second Empire at La Chapelle Impériale, commissioned by Empress Eugénie in 1864 to honor a figure of a Mexican Black Virgin.
- The Roxy Jam surfing championship takes place in late July.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's