Killarney is one of southwest Ireland's most attractive areas, and for many people it's the starting point to hit the Ring of Kerry. Visitors will be rewarded with views of lush, green fields, sparkling lakes, and a dramatic glacial landscape. There's plenty to see and do here, from exploring ruins to active pursuits.
- Natural Beauty
- Great Drive
- Killarney is famous for its views and lakes, and one of the best ways to take it all in is to walk or cycle through Killarney National Park.
- Spend an afternoon at Muckross House, which gives visitors an idea how the landed gentry lived in the 1800s. It is also home to the Kerry Folklife Center, where crafters display their work.
- Cross the narrow Gap of Dunloe, formed by massive glacial rocks which create an eerie echo.
- August's annual Puck Fair in Killorglin is a lively street festival, while racing fans will appreciate the Rally of the Lakes in May.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's