Adare/Limerick CityBack to Ireland: Dingle and the Ring of Kerry »
To wind up your trip, explore the charming village of Adare, which was the recipient of a makeover by an English lord. The result? A ridiculously picture-perfect little town with thatched-roof cottages—complete with overflowing window boxes. Finally, before flying back home, stop by Limerick City—which, by the way, has nothing to do with limericks.
Learn more about Adare »
- Adare is known as one of the prettiest villages in Ireland, thanks to its thatched-roof cottages and idyllic setting along the River Maigue.
- Visit the Adare Heritage Centre to learn about the town's history since 1223. There is also a retail outlet selling crafts and heraldry items.
- Fans of Frank McCourt's Angela's Ashes should make a pilgrimage to Limerick City, where the author grew up. Take time to explore the city's Georgian district.
- Fully restored Bunratty Castle and Folk Park (10 mi/16.1 km west of Limerick City) will appeal to all ages.
- (13 mi/20.9 km north of Bunratty) is one of Ireland's most beautiful medieval tower-castles.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's