Belfast, Northern Ireland's capital, is an old port town, often wet and gray, a fascinating place that is recovering from years of strife. This booming city is filled with Victorian storefronts and hip restaurants, shops and hotels.
Learn more about Belfast »
- Art and Culture
- Stroll down the Golden Mile, where you'll find some of Belfast's most historic buildings, including the Belfast Wheel, City Hall, and the restored Crown Liquor Saloon.
- Visit the Titanic's Dock and Pump-House, where the legendary oceanliner was built. Visitors can take an audiovisual guide in the pump house.
- The Botanic Gardens is one of the most beautiful and serene spots in Belfast. Don't miss the Tropical Ravine House.
- The Belfast Festival at Queen's University, held in October, celebrates arts, music, and literature.
- Féile an Phobail, the West Belfast Festival, is a 10-day event in August with a political and international theme.
- Take a stroll in the ornamental gardens at Belfast Castle.
- Mount Stewart is the grandest stately home near Belfast.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe