Belfast, Northern Ireland's capital, is an old port town, often wet and gray, a fascinating place that is recovering from years of strife. This booming city is filled with Victorian storefronts and hip restaurants, shops and hotels.
Learn more about Belfast »
- Art and Culture
- Stroll down the Golden Mile, where you'll find some of Belfast's most historic buildings, including the Belfast Wheel, City Hall, and the restored Crown Liquor Saloon.
- Visit the Titanic's Dock and Pump-House, where the legendary oceanliner was built. Visitors can take an audiovisual guide in the pump house.
- The Botanic Gardens is one of the most beautiful and serene spots in Belfast. Don't miss the Tropical Ravine House.
- The Belfast Festival at Queen's University, held in October, celebrates arts, music, and literature.
- Féile an Phobail, the West Belfast Festival, is a 10-day event in August with a political and international theme.
- Take a stroll in the ornamental gardens at Belfast Castle.
- Mount Stewart is the grandest stately home near Belfast.