Alsace Route du Vin: Obernai, Ribeauville, and ColmarBack to Classic Trips: Germany and France »
Only an hour outside Strasbourg, the Route du Vin winds its way along the region's best wine-producing villages. With half-timber houses and abandoned castles at nearly every turn in the road, leave plenty of time in each burg.
Learn more about Colmar »
Learn more about Obernai »
- Food and Wine
- Natural Beauty
- The Renaissance market town of Obernai is an ideal first stop. Have a bite at the excellent L'Ami Fritz restaurant.
- Continue to Ribeauville. Surrounded by rolling hills, some of Alsace's best wine comes from here; L'Auberge de L'Ill is a nearby beacon of Alsatian cuisine.
- In Colmar, check out the Musée d'Unterlinden, home to Grunewald's world-famous Issenheim Altarpiece.
- Ribeauville hosts a medieval Fête of the Minstrels every first Sunday in September.
- Colmar hosts several local wine festivals the first two weeks of August.
- Riquewihr, just south of Ribeauville, is a living museum of the quaint architecture of old Alsace.
- The spectacular Château du Haut-Koenigsbourg is just north of Ribeauville.