London is London—there's no way to undersell England's busy capital. For fans of homes and gardens, this is one of Europe's best metropolises. With plenty of park spaces and manors that range in size from grand, to fit for a Queen (literally), London and its close environs have something for everyone.
Learn more about London »
- Natural Beauty
- Buckingham Palace may not be England's grandest home in style, but in stature, it surely is the tops. Get a spot early for the Changing of the Guard, which delights kids and, best of all, doesn't cost a cent.
- The gigantic, 300-acre Kew Gardens has over 30,000 species of plants on display. It's about a 40 minute ride on the tube, but for garden fanatics, a visit to this UNESCO World Heritage Site is a must.
- Hampton Court Palace is one of London's oldest. Actually two palaces in one, the twin homes are Tudor and Baroque, respectively. There's also 60 acres of ornate gardens.
- Wimbledon, the all-England Club's famed tennis tournament, comes to town at the end of June.
- The Chelsea Flower Show is at the end of May.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe