Set at the foot of the mighty Jungfrau and situated between two lakes, Interlaken is an excellent entryway to the Bernese Oberland. Set out in any direction from this sleepy town—noted for its historic hotels—and you're guaranteed awesome sights.
Learn more about Interlaken »
- Natural Beauty
- The Victoria-Jungfrau Hotel is a jewel in the heart of town. As they did in the days of Mark Twain and Queen Victoria, you can enjoy drinks on its restaurant terraces overlooking the Bernese mountains.
- Walk the Höheweg, Interlaken's promenade, for a taste of the city. The trees and flowers lead to a 35-acre park.
- Catch William Tell in a nighttime outdoor pageant from June to September.
- Take the cog railway to Jungfraujoch, Europe's highest railway station.
- The Grindelwald glacier is 12 mi/19 km south of Interlaken.