Austria's Tyrolean capital nestles in the Alps. Its Baroque buildings, musical vibes, and compact size make it a memorable, easy-to-explore destination.
Learn more about Salzburg »
- The Golden Roof is a late-Gothic mansion topped indeed by a gold dome. It's home to a museum dedicated to Emperor Maximilian I.
- Let the Nordpark Funicular whisk you up the Hungerburg Plateau for breathtaking views of Innsbruck. You can take a leisurely hike along the mountain trail and see the flora and fauna at the Alpine zoo.
- Maximilian I's palace, the Hofburg, dates to the 15th century. Be sure to see the Giant's Hall, with its impressive trompe l'oeil ceiling.
- The Festival of Early Music—featuring classical works from the 14th to 18th centuries—is held mid-July through late August.
- The Innsbruck Summer Dance Series runs from mid-June through mid-July.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's