Believe the hype: Prague is one of Europe's most evocative cities. It's hard not to be charmed by its cobblestone streets, fairy-tale castle, and justifiably famous beer.
Learn more about Prague »
- Art and Culture
- Iconic Prague Castle is as beautiful up close as it is from afar. Take the tram up to explore it and St. Vitus' Cathedral or simply to admire Prague's spires and red-tiled roofs.
- The Jewish Quarter hums nearly year round. Among the highlights of the medieval synagogues and historical exhibitions is the cemetery, constructed in the 15th century.
- Pubs abound in Prague. For a slightly more upscale experience, try one of the Kolkovna chains, which are clean, well lit, and serve liters upon liters of fresh Czech brew.
- The Prague Writers Festival brings literary bigwigs to town for five days each June.
- Prague Autumn, in September, is one of the city's music festivals.
- Konopiste, Archduke Franz Ferdinand's castle, is an easy day trip from Prague. The castle dates to the 1300s.
- Melnik, about 20 mi/32 km north of the city, is where the Vltava and the Elbe rivers meet. There's a beautiful castle overlooking vineyards that grow Ludmilla grapes.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's