NeckarzimmernBack to Castles in Germany's Wine Country »
Hidden in the Neckar Valley, Neckarzimmern sits along the region's "Castle Road." A lush landscape of orchards and vineyards in the surrounding area give it a timeless feel that encourages exploration on twisting byways.
Learn more about Neckarzimmern »
- Food and Wine
- Burg Hornberg is a combination hotel and museum. Home to a famed knight with a literal, not figurative, iron hand, it now draws visitors, who sip local Rieslings in the restaurant.
- Better preserved and less commercially oriented is the Burg Guttenberg, constructed in the 15th century. The castle has a restaurant and is home to a center for the study of birds of prey.
- Bad Wimpfen is 5 mi/8 km south of Neckarzimmern. Originally a Celtic settlement, it's now a well-maintained medieval town.
- Neckarsulum, 15 mi/24 km south of Neckarzimmern, is a gearhead's paradise and home to the German Motorcycle Museum and the car manufacturer Audi.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe