ParisBack to Best of France »
No trip to France is complete without visiting Paris. The city has an embarrassment of riches, from its museums and palaces to world-class restaurants and shops. It would take multiple lifetimes to explore it all from top to bottom—and that's not counting the Louvre. If you have a lot on your sightseeing agenda, be sure to take the time to just sit in a café and watch the world parade by.
Learn more about Paris »
- Art and Culture
- The Louvre is home to some of the greatest treasures in the art world, including the Mona Lisa, The Winged Victory, and Venus de Milo.
- Get some exercise—and be awed by the views—with a climb to the top of the Arc de Triomphe, or take an elevator to the top of the Eiffel Tower.
- The beauty and harmony of Notre-Dame Cathedral is unsurpassed. Don't miss the carved gargoyles and the stained-glass windows.
- Eat well at a five-star restaurant or humble bistro, and take time to window shop along the Rue du Faubourg Saint-Honoré.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's