The French Riviera is dotted with hilltop villages, and the most perfectly perched of the coast's village perches is Èze. The beautiful town has ramparts and a chateau—as well as the best views! Sit back and drink it all in. Your only challenge will be to shake the crowds of other awestruck visitors.
- Art and Culture
- Natural Beauty
- Walk around Èze to enjoy its beauty, from its arched passages, stone alleyways, and ancient fountains to its boutique-lined staircase streets.
- The crest-top Jardin Exotique is full of rare succulents, and offers panoramic views of the sea and hills.
- Pick one of the town's many footpaths to explore. The Sentier Friedrich Nietzsche is one of the most scenic (and famous).
- Get a taste of the jet-set life in Monaco, just 4 mi/6 km away from Èze.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe