7 Days of Design in DenmarkBack to European itinerary browser »
Start with the museums and chic shops of Copenhagen, then move to Kolding, home to Denmark's preeminent design school. Finish in Billund, where a visit to Legoland shows just how much fun design can be.
- Art and Culture
This Trip's Top Experiences:
A Laid-back Capital
- Sample the shopping and nightlife along the Strøget—a few bars here stay open until 5 a.m.
- The Tivoli Gardens are part old-time amusement park, part lush gardens, part social hub. Come for the concerts, the fireworks (seasonal), or to grab a bite at one of the 38 restaurants
- Check out the fruits of Danish design at the Information Center for Danish Crafts ad Design
Denmark's Design Capital
- See the cutting edge at the Trapholt Museum of Modern Art
- Check out the Koldinghuis, a 13th-century castle that's now a historical museum
- Take in the nightlife on the Little Square at the center of the city