- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Italian Phrases
Fodor's Essential Italy
At a Glance
- some canal views
- Wi-Fi is free
- no outdoor breakfast area or bar
- standard rooms are very small
- rooms on lower floors can be noisy
- for this price you might try for much grander hotels
Check Rates from our Partners
Acqua Palace Review
The Caputo family wanted to name its accommodation to recall Venice's perpetual relationship with water, particularly since the five-story former Scalfarotto residence hovers over one of the most gondola-traversed canals in the city. Silk-rope ties back richly toned damask drapes from tall windows to create an opulent yet intimate atmosphere in guest rooms and common areas. A few of the marble-tiled baths have bathtubs. Some suites have balconies overlooking the canal; the highest ones add rooftop views.
- Address: Calle della Malvasia, Castello 1083, Castello, Venice, 30122 | Map It
- Phone: 041/2960442
- Website: www.aquapalace.it
- Vaporetto: Vaporetto: Rialto.
- Location: Castello
- 12 rooms, 5 junior suites, 6 suites.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Jan.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
February 2014 Sicily Trip Report
We found February an excellent time to travel to Sicily. Read more
Well, here we are finally in Sorrento. Read more
My DH and I would love to do a little exploring next March or October. Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more