- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Italian Phrases
Fodor's Essential Italy
Ca' Sagredo Hotel
At a Glance
- excellent location
- authentic yet comfortable renovation of Venice's patrician past
- more opulent than intimate
Check Rates from our Partners
Ca' Sagredo Hotel Review
A study in Venetian opulence, this expansive palace has been the Sagredo family residence since the mid-1600s and has the decor to prove it: the massive staircase has Longhi frescoes soaring above it and the large common areas are adorned with original art by Tiepolo, Longhi, and Ricci, among others. Guest rooms are traditional Venetian style, some retaining original art and architectural elements, many with full or partial canal and rooftop views; flooring might be Venetian terrazzo, wood parquet, or plush carpeting. One suite even offers a private rooftop balcony. Although the hotel website advertises antique furniture, most of the pieces are modern copies—but there's no doubt about the Venetian 18th-century frescoes!
- Address: Campo Santa Sofia, Cannaregio 4198/99, Cannaregio, Venice, 30121 | Map It
- Phone: 041/2413111
- Website: www.casagredohotel.com
- Vaporetto: Vaporetto: Ca' d'Oro.
- Location: Cannaregio
- 42 rooms, 2 junior suites, 3 suites.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
After a fabulous vacation in Rome in November 2013, I was having a hard time getting the city out of my mind. Read more
Just wanted to thank everyone for their help for my planned Sicily trip - sadly my Mum took sick and I've had to call the whole thing off! Read more
I'm heading to Italy for my honeymoon in a month! I have the flights booked, flying into Milan and out of Rome, but I have a question about the trains between the stops.
My question is, which Read more
· News & Features
For a lover of brews, there's no place quite like New Zealand. ... Read more
Phu Quoc, a fishing island in the Gulf of Thailand, is a quiet refuge of serene beaches, phenomenal seafood,... Read more
Travel is as much about the journey as the destination.... Read more