- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Italian Phrases
At a Glance
- excellent service
- lovely views from many rooms
- modern renovation retains historic ambience
- steps from vaporetto stop
- multiple renovations may turn off some Venetian architectural purists
- rooms with a Grand Canal view are much more expensive
- terrace bar and service are sub-standard
Check Rates from our Partners
Palazzo Stern Review
This opulently refurbished neo-Gothic palazzo features marble-columned arches, terrazzo floors, frescoed ceilings, mosaics, and a majestic carved staircase and some rooms have tufted walls and parquet flooring, but the gracious terrace that overlooks the Grand Canal is almost reason alone to stay here. From the rooftop terrace—which has a Jacuzzi—you get a classic Venetian view: over the city's roofs to the Campanile and even to the Dolomites on a clear day.
- Address: Calle del Traghetto, Dorsoduro 2792, Dorsoduro, Venice, 30123 | Map It
- Phone: 041/2770869
- Website: www.palazzostern.com
- Vaporetto: Vaporetto: Ca' Rezzonico.
- Location: Dorsoduro
- 18 rooms, 5 junior suites, 1 suite.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
We drove to the Hotel Bonconte in Urbino - another hotel not easy to find. Read more
Just returned from a fabulous 2 1/2 weeks in Le Marche, ending with 4 days in Rome.
We arrived at Fiumicino at about 2pm. We didn't want to go into Rome - just rent a car and head north. The first nigh Read more
My fiance and I are planning our honeymoon departing NYC May 26th and coming back around June 11th (dates flexible). We are looking to relax, not rush, wander old streets, sit outside and ea Read more
· News & Features
From milk and cookies to a full-on Christmas tree (with the option to decorate it yourself), hotels are... Read more
As 2013 comes to a close, there's no slowing down for the Bay Area's restaurant scene.... Read more
Visit the mysterious Land of the Golden Pagodas—Myanmar—with AmaWaterways, starting in Novembe... Read more