- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Italian Phrases
Fodor's Essential Italy
At a Glance
- excellent service
- lovely views from many rooms
- modern renovation retains historic ambience
- steps from vaporetto stop
- multiple renovations may turn off some Venetian architectural purists
- rooms with a Grand Canal view are much more expensive
- terrace bar and service are sub-standard
Check Rates from our Partners
Palazzo Stern Review
This opulently refurbished neo-Gothic palazzo features marble-columned arches, terrazzo floors, frescoed ceilings, mosaics, and a majestic carved staircase and some rooms have tufted walls and parquet flooring, but the gracious terrace that overlooks the Grand Canal is almost reason alone to stay here. From the rooftop terrace—which has a Jacuzzi—you get a classic Venetian view: over the city's roofs to the Campanile and even to the Dolomites on a clear day.
- Address: Calle del Traghetto, Dorsoduro 2792, Dorsoduro, Venice, 30123 | Map It
- Phone: 041/2770869
- Website: www.palazzostern.com
- Vaporetto: Vaporetto: Ca' Rezzonico.
- Location: Dorsoduro
- 18 rooms, 5 junior suites, 1 suite.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Just wanted to thank everyone for their help for my planned Sicily trip - sadly my Mum took sick and I've had to call the whole thing off! Read more
In early September 2013, we had a trip to Europe, covering 14 cities in 15 days. Read more
Good afternoon! Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more