- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Italian Phrases
Alla Madonna Review
"The Madonna" used to be world famous as "the" classic Venetian trattoria but in the past decades has settled down to middle-age. Owned and run by the Rado family since 1954, this Venetian institution looks like one, with its wood beams, stained-glass windows, and panoply of paintings on white walls. It is frequented more by regular Italian visitors to Venice and people from the provinces than by Venetians themselves. Folks still head here to savor the classic Venetian repertoire and, as most dishes are properly prepared (for the stiff prices, they should be), the rooms here are usually bustling, so get ready to enjoy a festive and lively meal.
- Address: Calle della Madonna, San Polo 594, San Polo, Venice, 30125 | Map It
- Phone: 041/5223824
- Website: www.ristoranteallamadonna.com
- Vaporetto: Vaporetto: San Silvestro.
- Location: San Polo
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Wed., Jan., and 2 wks in Aug.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
We drove to the Hotel Bonconte in Urbino - another hotel not easy to find. Read more
Just returned from a fabulous 2 1/2 weeks in Le Marche, ending with 4 days in Rome.
We arrived at Fiumicino at about 2pm. We didn't want to go into Rome - just rent a car and head north. The first nigh Read more
My fiance and I are planning our honeymoon departing NYC May 26th and coming back around June 11th (dates flexible). We are looking to relax, not rush, wander old streets, sit outside and ea Read more
· News & Features
From milk and cookies to a full-on Christmas tree (with the option to decorate it yourself), hotels are... Read more
As 2013 comes to a close, there's no slowing down for the Bay Area's restaurant scene.... Read more
Visit the mysterious Land of the Golden Pagodas—Myanmar—with AmaWaterways, starting in Novembe... Read more