- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Italian Phrases
Fodor's Essential Italy
Alla Madonna Review
"The Madonna" used to be world famous as "the" classic Venetian trattoria but in the past decades has settled down to middle-age. Owned and run by the Rado family since 1954, this Venetian institution looks like one, with its wood beams, stained-glass windows, and panoply of paintings on white walls. It is frequented more by regular Italian visitors to Venice and people from the provinces than by Venetians themselves. Folks still head here to savor the classic Venetian repertoire and, as most dishes are properly prepared (for the stiff prices, they should be), the rooms here are usually bustling, so get ready to enjoy a festive and lively meal.
- Address: Calle della Madonna, San Polo 594, San Polo, Venice, 30125 | Map It
- Phone: 041/5223824
- Website: www.ristoranteallamadonna.com
- Vaporetto: Vaporetto: San Silvestro.
- Location: San Polo
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Wed., Jan., and 2 wks in Aug.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
After a fabulous vacation in Rome in November 2013, I was having a hard time getting the city out of my mind. Read more
Just wanted to thank everyone for their help for my planned Sicily trip - sadly my Mum took sick and I've had to call the whole thing off! Read more
I am planning my first overseas trip to Europe. Read more
· News & Features
Navigate the chaotic street food scene of Ho Chi Minh City like a pro with our quick guide to no-fuss ... Read more
Come for the beautiful architecture and stay for the vibrant local culture.... Read more
A look at ultra-luxurious airline accomodations and a fascinating visual breakdown of literary storytelling are... Read more