- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Italian Phrases
Locanda San Barnaba
At a Glance
- garden and terrace
- close to vaporetto stop
- traditional furnishings make spacious rooms attractive and welcoming
- no elevator, minibar, or Internet access
Check Rates from our Partners
Locanda San Barnaba Review
This family-run, value-for-money establishment is housed in a 16th-century palazzo and, if you're lucky, you'll bag one of the superior rooms or the double that have original 18th-century frescoes; one junior suite has two small balconies and is exceptionally luminous. The arched openings in the private garden wall peek through to the side canal; head upstairs to relax on the tiled, rooftop terrace. There's no elevator, but the accommodating staff will happily assist with your luggage (a ground-level room is available, too). All guest rooms are spacious.
- Address: Calle del Traghetto, Dorsoduro 2785–2786, Dorsoduro, Venice, 30123 | Map It
- Phone: 041/2411233
- Website: www.locanda-sanbarnaba.com
- Vaporetto: Vaporetto: Ca' Rezzonico.
- Location: Dorsoduro
- 11 rooms, 2 junior suites.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
We drove to the Hotel Bonconte in Urbino - another hotel not easy to find. Read more
Just returned from a fabulous 2 1/2 weeks in Le Marche, ending with 4 days in Rome.
We arrived at Fiumicino at about 2pm. We didn't want to go into Rome - just rent a car and head north. The first nigh Read more
My fiance and I are planning our honeymoon departing NYC May 26th and coming back around June 11th (dates flexible). We are looking to relax, not rush, wander old streets, sit outside and ea Read more
· News & Features
From milk and cookies to a full-on Christmas tree (with the option to decorate it yourself), hotels are... Read more
As 2013 comes to a close, there's no slowing down for the Bay Area's restaurant scene.... Read more
Visit the mysterious Land of the Golden Pagodas—Myanmar—with AmaWaterways, starting in Novembe... Read more