- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Italian Phrases
Fodor's Essential Italy
Locanda San Barnaba
At a Glance
- garden and terrace
- close to vaporetto stop
- traditional furnishings make spacious rooms attractive and welcoming
- no elevator, minibar, or Internet access
Check Rates from our Partners
Locanda San Barnaba Review
This family-run, value-for-money establishment is housed in a 16th-century palazzo and, if you're lucky, you'll bag one of the superior rooms or the double that have original 18th-century frescoes; one junior suite has two small balconies and is exceptionally luminous. The arched openings in the private garden wall peek through to the side canal; head upstairs to relax on the tiled, rooftop terrace. There's no elevator, but the accommodating staff will happily assist with your luggage (a ground-level room is available, too). All guest rooms are spacious.
- Address: Calle del Traghetto, Dorsoduro 2785–2786, Dorsoduro, Venice, 30123 | Map It
- Phone: 041/2411233
- Website: www.locanda-sanbarnaba.com
- Vaporetto: Vaporetto: Ca' Rezzonico.
- Location: Dorsoduro
- 11 rooms, 2 junior suites.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
February 2014 Sicily Trip Report
We found February an excellent time to travel to Sicily. Read more
Well, here we are finally in Sorrento. Read more
We will be picking up a rental car at the Airport in Rome, Italy, on April 19 around noon and will immediately start driving South. Read more
· News & Features
After the recent debut of his Grand Cayman-inspired novel The Forever Girl, author Alexander McCall... Read more
When's the best time to go?... Read more
The world's northernmost capital is a charming destination in all seasons.... Read more