- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Italian Phrases
Antiche Carampane Review
Judging from its rather modest and unremarkable appearance, you wouldn't guess that Piera Bortoluzzi Librai's trattoria is among the finest fish restaurants in the city both because of the quality of the ingredients and because of the chef's creative magic. Like other upscale seafood restaurants in Venice, this trattoria offers a selection of modern dishes such as turbot in citrus sauce; however, Antiche Carampane's kitchen goes a step further: it explores the more complex and interesting, but lesser known, dishes from the traditional Venetian repertoire. Embark on a culinary journey with St. Peter's fish with radicchio di Treviso; mullet in red wine; or an unusual spaghetti with spicy shellfish sauce from the town of Chioggia, the major fishing port on the Venetian lagoon. If you prefer simpler fare, the perfectly grilled fish is always sea caught and fresh, and in spring, try the local, fried soft-shell crabs.
- Address: Rio Terà della Carampane, San Polo 1911, San Polo, Venice, 30125 | Map It
- Phone: 041/5240165
- Website: www.antichecarampane.com
- Vaporetto: Vaporetto: San Silvestro.
- Location: San Polo
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Sun. and Mon., 10 days in Jan., and 3 wks in July and Aug.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
After we left Urbino, we drove to Fabriano. Read more
We've rented out our house for another three months and have hit the road. Read more
After countless hours within these forums, I’ve built a draft itinerary for our upcoming 5 week holiday in Europe next July/Aug (flying in and out from Paris)
For those that have experienced Read more
· News & Features
American Airlines and US Airways formally completed their merger this morning, leaving four major players... Read more
Oceania Cruises has got something unique in store: a world cruise that embarks in the summertime instead... Read more
Whether its Spicy Alligator Fritters or Broiled Lobster Maine Lobster that you're after, Carnival's new... Read more