- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Italian Phrases
Fodor's Essential Italy
La Zucca Review
The simple place settings, lattice-wood walls, and mélange of languages make La Zucca (the pumpkin) feel much like a typical, somewhat sophisticated vegetarian restaurant that you could find in any European city. What makes La Zucca special is the use of fresh, local ingredients (many of which, like the particularly sweet zucca itself, aren't normally found outside northern Italy), and simply great cooking. Though the menu does have superb meat dishes such as the piccata di pollo ai caperi e limone con riso (sliced chicken with capers and lemon served with rice), more attention is paid to dishes from the garden: try the radicchio di Treviso con funghi e scaglie di Montasio (with mushrooms and shavings of Montasio cheese), the finocchi piccanti con olive (fennel in a spicy tomato-olive sauce), or the house's signature dish—the flan di zucca, a luscious, naturally sweet, pumpkin pudding topped with slivered, aged ricotta cheese.
- Address: Calle del Tintor (at Ponte de Megio), Santa Croce 1762, Santa Croce, Venice, 30135 | Map It
- Phone: 041/5241570
- Website: www.lazucca.it
- Vaporetto: Vaporetto: San Stae.
- Location: Santa Croce
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Sun. and 1 wk in Dec.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Just wanted to thank everyone for their help for my planned Sicily trip - sadly my Mum took sick and I've had to call the whole thing off! Read more
In early September 2013, we had a trip to Europe, covering 14 cities in 15 days. Read more
Good afternoon! Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more