- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Italian Phrases
Fodor's Essential Italy
At a Glance
- hotel harkens back to a gracious Venice of times past
- fine bar
- one of the most densely touristed locations in the city
- rooms with views are considerably more expensive
- air-conditioning not completely reliable
- restaurant is very expensive
Check Rates from our Partners
Atmosphere prevails in this labyrinth of intimate, opulent spaces featuring classic Venetian decor combined with exotic Eastern influences: the owner—a lifelong collector of unusual objects—fills common areas and the sumptuously appointed guest rooms with an assortment of antiques and curiosities. The best rooms are up on the roof, where there are also two spacious terraces. Suites feature sparkling mosaic sunken baths, Fortuny fabrics, and other notable architectural details.
- Address: Riva degli Schiavoni, Castello 4149, Castello, Venice, 30122 | Map It
- Phone: 041/5205044
- Website: www.hotelmetropole.com
- Vaporetto: Vaporetto: San Zaccaria.
- Location: Castello
- 67 rooms, 13 junior suites, 9 suites.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Just wanted to thank everyone for their help for my planned Sicily trip - sadly my Mum took sick and I've had to call the whole thing off! Read more
In early September 2013, we had a trip to Europe, covering 14 cities in 15 days. Read more
Me n the 2 friends from Asia is gg to visit Paris(1 week) in Sep. Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more