- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Italian Phrases
Fodor's Essential Italy
At a Glance
- intimate and romantic
- friendly staff
- Wi-Fi is free
- no elevator
- canal-side rooms can be noisy (think singing gondoliers)
- rooms without a canal view can be small and dark
Check Rates from our Partners
Locanda Orseolo Review
Traditional, tasteful Venetian decor takes on a Carnevale theme in cozy, well-appointed, and comfortable rooms are enlivened by fanciful wall murals. A relaxed atmosphere pervades at this hotel's divine hot breakfast, where it is common to become engrossed in conversation with other guests as gondolas glide lazily by the water-level windows: this lovely state-of-mind is created by the hotel's attentive staff (but can be ruined by a plague of singing gondoliers!). Common areas have warm mahogany paneling, tufted leather furniture, beamed ceilings, and tapestries.
- Address: Corte Zorzi, off Campo San Gallo, San Marco 1083, San Marco, Venice, 30124 | Map It
- Phone: 041/5204827
- Website: www.locandaorseolo.com
- Vaporetto: Vaporetto: Rialto or Vallaresso.
- Location: San Marco
- 12 rooms.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Jan.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
February 2014 Sicily Trip Report
We found February an excellent time to travel to Sicily. Read more
Well, here we are finally in Sorrento. Read more
We will be picking up a rental car at the Airport in Rome, Italy, on April 19 around noon and will immediately start driving South. Read more
· News & Features
After the recent debut of his Grand Cayman-inspired novel The Forever Girl, author Alexander McCall... Read more
When's the best time to go?... Read more
The world's northernmost capital is a charming destination in all seasons.... Read more