- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Italian Phrases
Santa Maria della Pietà
At a Glance
- space, light, and views at a good price
- not luxurious
- few amenities. A bit overpriced, especially since rooms do not all have private bathrooms
Santa Maria della Pietà Review
Though this casa per ferie (vacation house) is more spartan than sumptuous, there's more light and space here than in many of Venice's four-star lodgings. The hotel, which occupies the upper floors of two historic palaces, has large windows, restored Venetian terrazzo floors, and a huge rooftop terrace with a coffee shop, a bar, and unobstructed lagoon views. On top of these advantages, it's well situated—just 100 yards from the main waterfront and about a 10-minute walk from St. Mark's. The shared bathrooms are plentiful, spacious, and clean. Some rooms have en suite baths, and family rooms with up to six beds are available.
- Address: Calle della Pietà, Castello 3701, Castello, Venice, 30122 | Map It
- Phone: 041/2443639
- Website: www.pietavenezia.org/it/istituto/casa_per_ferie/
- Vaporetto: Vaporetto: Arsenale or San Zaccaria.
- Location: Castello
- 15 rooms with shared bath.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- No credit cards.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
After we left Urbino, we drove to Fabriano. Read more
We've rented out our house for another three months and have hit the road. Read more
Is it customary to leave a gratuity for the chambermaids in Europe? Read more
· News & Features
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate ... Read more
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more