- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Italian Phrases
Fodor's Essential Italy
Santa Maria della Pietà
At a Glance
- space, light, and views at a good price
- not luxurious
- few amenities. A bit overpriced, especially since rooms do not all have private bathrooms
Check Rates from our Partners
Santa Maria della Pietà Review
Though this casa per ferie (vacation house) is more spartan than sumptuous, there's more light and space here than in many of Venice's four-star lodgings. The hotel, which occupies the upper floors of two historic palaces, has large windows, restored Venetian terrazzo floors, and a huge rooftop terrace with a coffee shop, a bar, and unobstructed lagoon views. On top of these advantages, it's well situated—just 100 yards from the main waterfront and about a 10-minute walk from St. Mark's. The shared bathrooms are plentiful, spacious, and clean. Some rooms have en suite baths, and family rooms with up to six beds are available.
- Address: Calle della Pietà, Castello 3701, Castello, Venice, 30122 | Map It
- Phone: 041/2443639
- Website: www.pietavenezia.org/it/istituto/casa_per_ferie/
- Vaporetto: Vaporetto: Arsenale or San Zaccaria.
- Location: Castello
- 15 rooms with shared bath.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- No credit cards.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
February 2014 Sicily Trip Report
We found February an excellent time to travel to Sicily. Read more
Well, here we are finally in Sorrento. Read more
My DH and I would love to do a little exploring next March or October. Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more