Ca' Pesaro Review
Baldassare Longhena's grand Baroque palace is the beautifully restored home of two impressive collections. The Galleria Internazionale d'Arte Moderna has works by 19th- and 20th-century artists such as Klimt, Kandinsky, Matisse, and Miró. It also has a collection of representative works from Venice's Biennale art show that amounts to a panorama of 20th-century art. The pride of the Museo Orientale is its collection of Japanese art, and especially armor and weapons, of the Edo period (1603–1868). It also has a small but striking collection of Chinese and Indonesian porcelains and musical instruments.
- Address: San Stae, Santa Croce 2076, Santa Croce, Venice, 30135 | Map It
- Phone: 041/721127; 041/5241173
- Cost: €8.50 includes both museums, free with MUVE pass
- Hours: Open Apr.–Oct., daily 10–6; Nov.–Mar., daily 10–5. Closed Mon.
- Website: www.museiciviciveneziani.it
- Subway: Vaporetto: San Stae
- Location: Santa Croce