- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Italian Phrases
Venice Hotel Reviews
Venetian magic can still linger when you retire for the night, whether you're staying in a grand hotel or budget find. Some of the finest Venetian hotel rooms are lighted with Murano chandeliers and swathed in famed fabrics of Rubelli and Bevilacqua, with gilded mirrors and furnishing styles from baroque to Biedermeier and even art deco.
Though more-contemporary decor is working its way into renovation schemes, you still may find the prized Venetian terrazzo flooring, tufted walls, Oriental carpets, and canal views in more-modest pensioni. Your window will open, sometimes on a balcony, so you may enjoy gondoliers' serenades, watch the ebb and flow of city life in the campo (square) below…or simply contemplate what the lack of motor traffic permits you to hear.
Browse Venice Hotels
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $92 & up -- Italy: Luxe Hotel Sale in Summer, 50% Off Accor Hotels
- $259 -- Venice: Luxury Boutique Hotel thru Summer, $45 Off LaGare Hotel Venezia Mgallery Collection
- $1799 & up -- Italy 3-City, 9-Night Trip w/Air, Car & Train Europe Express
- $499 & up -- Transatlantic Cruises to Europe, Save $100 Norwegian Cruise Line