- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Italian Phrases
Top Reasons to Go to Venice
Cruising the Grand Canal: The beauty of its palaces, enhanced by light playing on the water, make a trip down Venice's "main street" unforgettable.
Basilica di San Marco: Don't miss the gorgeous mosaics inside—they're worth standing in line for.
Santa Maria Gloriosa dei Frari: Its austere, cavernous interior houses Titian's Assunta—the most beautiful altarpiece in the world.
Gallerie dell'Accademia: Legendary masterpieces of Venetian painting will overwhelm you in this fabled museum.
Sipping wine and snacking at abacaro: For a sample of tasty local cuisine and excellent wines in a uniquely Venetian setting, head for one of the city's many wine bars. bacaro: For a sample of tasty local cuisine and excellent wines in a uniquely Venetian setting, head for one of the city's many wine bars.Updated: 07-2013
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's