Umbria and the Marches Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Italian Phrases
Top Reasons to Go to Umbria and the Marches
Palazzo Ducale, Urbino: A visit here reveals more about the ideals of the Renaissance than a shelf of history books.
Assisi, shrine to Saint Francis: Recharge your soul in this rose-color hill town with a visit to the gentle saint's majestic basilica, adorned with great frescoes.
Spoleto, Umbria's musical Mecca: Crowds may descend and prices ascend here during summer's Festival dei Due Mondi, but Spoleto's hushed charm enchants year-round.
Tantalizing truffles: Are Umbria's celebrated "black diamonds" most coveted for their pungent flavor, their rarity, or their power in the realm of romance?
Orvieto's Duomo: Arresting visions of heaven and hell on the facade and brilliant frescoes within make this Gothic cathedral a dazzler.Updated: 07-2013
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's