- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Italian Phrases
Getting Here and Around
By car, the best route from Florence follows the Florence-Siena autostrada as far as the Col di Val d'Elsa exit, where you get on the SS68 for the trip 30 km (19 miles) west to Volterr. There's a long, winding climb at the end of your trip. Getting here by train is complicated; avoid it if possible. From Florence or Siena, the journey by bus involves a change in Colle di Val d'Elsa.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's