The curving, tiered apse on Piazza Grande belongs to a fine Romanesque church that was originally an Early-Christian structure, which had been constructed over the remains of a Roman temple. The church was rebuilt in Romanesque style in the 12th century. The splendid facade dates from the early 13th century, but includes granite Roman columns. A magnificent polyptych, depicting the Madonna and Child with four Saints, by Pietro Lorenzetti (circa 1290–1348), embellishes the high altar.
Corso Italia 7, Arezzo, Tuscany, 52100, Italy