The Romanesque Duomo, the Cattedrale di San Zeno, dates from as early as the 5th century. It houses a magnificent silver altar dedicated to Saint James. The two half-figures on the left are by Filippo Brunelleschi (1377–1446), the first Renaissance architect (and designer of Florence's magnificent Duomo cupola). The octagonal Battistero, with green-and-white-stripe marble cladding, dates from the middle of the 14th century. Three of its eight sides have doorways; the main door facing the piazza is crowned with a rose window. Note the lovely little lantern crowning the top of the building.
Piazza del Duomo, Pistoia, Tuscany, 51100, Italy