- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Italian Phrases
Boatmen. Rent motorboats for exploring the island's innumerable coves at this kiosk on the waterfront. Look for signs reading noleggio barche (boat rentals) near the ferry dock. On port, Via Umberto I, Giglio Porto. 347/0547755. www.boatmen.it.
Spiaggia Arenella. You can charter your own snorkeling or beach excursion and let someone else do the driving through Marco Bartoletti and his son Andrea. You'll find them at the Arenella beach. Località Arenella, 2½ km (1 mi) north of Giglio Porto. 336/535054 Marco; 348/7078990 Andrea.
More Sports and Outdoors
- Water Sports
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $92 & up -- Italy: Luxe Hotel Sale in Summer, 50% Off Accor Hotels
- $1799 & up -- Italy 3-City, 9-Night Trip w/Air, Car & Train Europe Express
- $629 -- 7-Night Mediterranean Cruise on Norwegian Epic CruisesOnly
- $438 & up -- 7-Night Mediterranean Cruise on Royal Caribbean — $438 American Express Travel
- $549 & up -- 7-Night Mediterranean Cruise, R/T Rome — $549 American Express Travel