- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Italian Phrases
Getting Here and Around
From Volterra, it's an easy drive to San Gimignano on the SS68 and SP47. You can reach San Gimignano by car from the Florence-Siena Superstrada by exiting at Poggibonsi Nord and following signs for San Gimignano. Although a bus trip involves a change in Poggibonsi, the journey is a relatively straightforward affair. SITA operates the service between Siena or Florence and Poggibonsi, while Tra-In takes care of the Poggibonsi to San Gimignano route. If you're traveling with luggage, be aware that there are no storage facilities available. You cannot reach San Gimignano by train.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe