- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Italian Phrases
Getting Here and Around
From Volterra, it's an easy drive to San Gimignano on the SS68 and SP47. You can reach San Gimignano by car from the Florence-Siena Superstrada by exiting at Poggibonsi Nord and following signs for San Gimignano. Although a bus trip involves a change in Poggibonsi, the journey is a relatively straightforward affair. SITA operates the service between Siena or Florence and Poggibonsi, while Tra-In takes care of the Poggibonsi to San Gimignano route. If you're traveling with luggage, be aware that there are no storage facilities available. You cannot reach San Gimignano by train.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's