- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Italian Phrases
Fodor's Florence and Tuscany
Trattoria la Faggiola
Trattoria la Faggiola Review
It's only seconds away from the Leaning Tower, which probably explains the "No Pizza" sign written in big, bold letters on the blackboard outside. Inside, another blackboard lists two or three primi and secondi. The amiable Carlo Silvestrini presides over this little eatery, and he cares if you don't clean your plate. That's not a problem though, because everything's good, from the pasta pasticciata con speck e carciofi (oven-baked penne with cured ham and artichokes) to the finishing touch of castagnaccio con crema di ricotta (a chestnut flan topped with ricotta cream).
- Address: Via della Faggiola 1, Pisa
- Phone: 050/556179
- Location: Pisa
- Reservations essential.
- No credit cards.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
After a fabulous vacation in Rome in November 2013, I was having a hard time getting the city out of my mind. Read more
Just wanted to thank everyone for their help for my planned Sicily trip - sadly my Mum took sick and I've had to call the whole thing off! Read more
Are there any 4.5 to 5 star hotels in rome that have quad rooms ? ( two adults , two teens ) Read more
· News & Features
They said it couldn't be done...that it's impossible to find a tour bus-free patch of Tuscany to explore. ... Read more
A New Yorker and a Tuscan walk into a bar...Debi Mazar and Gabriele Corcos, hosts of the Cooking Channel's... Read more
Tuscany in the fall means brisk days of olive oil tasting and countryside strolls, and evenings spe... Read more