Castello di Gargonza
At a Glance
- romantic, one-of-a-kind accommodation in a medieval castle
- peaceful, isolated setting
- standard rooms are extremely basic
- a little out of the way for exploring the region
- private transportation is a necessity
Check Rates from our Partners
Castello di Gargonza Review
Enchantment reigns at this tiny 13th-century countryside hamlet, part of the fiefdom of the aristocratic Florentine Guicciardini and reinvented by the modern Count Roberto Guicciardini as an agriturismo. A castle, church, and cobbled streets set the stage. Guest rooms vary in style; some are decidedly more basic than others. However, high wood-beam ceilings, terra-cotta floors, and modern bathrooms are the rule throughout. Apartments have three to eight rooms each, sleeping as many as 10 people, and have as many as four baths. A minimum three-night stay is required for most rooms; a minimum one-week stay for the apartments.
- Address: SR73 28 km (17 miles) southwest of Arezzo, Località Gargonza, Monte San Savino, 52048 | Map It
- Phone: 0575/847021
- Website: www.gargonza.it
- Location: Arezzo
- 37 rooms, 8 apartments
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed last 3 wks in Jan. and Feb.
View deals in Tuscany for vacation packages, hotels, airfare, and more from our partners!More