- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Italian Phrases
Castello di Gargonza
At a Glance
- romantic, one-of-a-kind accommodation in a medieval castle
- peaceful, isolated setting
- standard rooms are extremely basic
- a little out of the way for exploring the region
- private transportation is a necessity
Check Rates from our Partners
Castello di Gargonza Review
Enchantment reigns at this tiny 13th-century countryside hamlet, part of the fiefdom of the aristocratic Florentine Guicciardini and reinvented by the modern Count Roberto Guicciardini as an agriturismo. A castle, church, and cobbled streets set the stage. Guest rooms vary in style; some are decidedly more basic than others. However, high wood-beam ceilings, terra-cotta floors, and modern bathrooms are the rule throughout. Apartments have three to eight rooms each, sleeping as many as 10 people, and have as many as four baths. A minimum three-night stay is required for most rooms; a minimum one-week stay for the apartments.
- Address: SR73 28 km (17 miles) southwest of Arezzo, Località Gargonza, Monte San Savino, 52048 | Map It
- Phone: 0575/847021
- Website: www.gargonza.it
- Location: Arezzo
- 37 rooms, 8 apartments.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed last 3 wks in Jan. and Feb.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
We drove to the Hotel Bonconte in Urbino - another hotel not easy to find. Read more
Just returned from a fabulous 2 1/2 weeks in Le Marche, ending with 4 days in Rome.
We arrived at Fiumicino at about 2pm. We didn't want to go into Rome - just rent a car and head north. The first nigh Read more
My fiance and I are planning our honeymoon departing NYC May 26th and coming back around June 11th (dates flexible). We are looking to relax, not rush, wander old streets, sit outside and ea Read more
· News & Features
They said it couldn't be done...that it's impossible to find a tour bus-free patch of Tuscany to explore.... Read more
A New Yorker and a Tuscan walk into a bar...Debi Mazar and Gabriele Corcos, hosts of the Cooking Channel's... Read more
Tuscany in the fall means brisk days of olive oil tasting and countryside strolls, and evenings spe... Read more