- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Italian Phrases
At a Glance
- delightful setting
- excellent restaurant
- personal service
- standard rooms are on the small side
- need a car to get around
Check Rates from our Partners
La Chiusa Review
Dania and Umberto Lucherini bought this old farmhouse in 1974 and turned it into a significant restaurant ($$$$) with emphasis on Tuscan classics. An impeccable staff serves exquisitely prepared food, such as the pappardelle alla Dania (wide noodles tossed with tomatoes, garlic, and two cheeses). The menu changes according to the seasons; the well-culled (and expensive) wine list complements the selections. "We had an outrageously good dinner," writes a user of fodors.com. Guest rooms live up to the high standards created in the kitchen, as the terra-cotta floors, crisp fabrics, and immense bathrooms (most with Jacuzzis) further a sense of luxurious well-being.
- Address: Via della Madonnina 88, 25 km (15 mi) east of Abbazia di Monte Oliveto MaggioreMontefollonico, 53040
- Phone: 0577/669668
- Website: www.ristorantelachiusa.it
- Location: Abbazia di Monte Oliveto Maggiore
- 15 rooms.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Tues. and mid-Jan.--Mar.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $92 & up -- Italy: Luxe Hotel Sale in Summer, 50% Off Accor Hotels
- $1799 & up -- Italy 3-City, 9-Night Trip w/Air, Car & Train Europe Express
- $629 -- 7-Night Mediterranean Cruise on Norwegian Epic CruisesOnly
- $438 & up -- 7-Night Mediterranean Cruise on Royal Caribbean — $438 American Express Travel
- $499 & up -- 6-Night Mediterranean Island Cruise on Princess — $499 American Express Travel
When choosing a town for my first Amalfi coast visit, I wanted the best restaurant options within walking distance and also somewhere from which I could easily reach Pompeii. Read more
You never realize how dependent you are on the internet until you don't have it for a whole week! Read more
This forum has been so helpful planning my "Italian Holiday"........We have our length of stay set for next May, and are now looking for a place to stay for 4 nights. Would prefer a B&B or a Read more
· News & Features
They said it couldn't be done...that it's impossible to find a tour bus-free patch of Tuscany to explore.... Read more
A New Yorker and a Tuscan walk into a bar...Debi Mazar and Gabriele Corcos, hosts of the Cooking Channel's... Read more
Tuscany in the fall means brisk days of olive oil tasting and countryside strolls, and evenings spe... Read more