At a Glance
- delightful setting
- excellent restaurant
- personal service
- standard rooms are on the small side
- need a car to get around
Check Rates from our Partners
La Chiusa Review
Dania and Umberto Lucherini bought this old farmhouse in 1974 and turned it into a significant restaurant ($$$$) with emphasis on Tuscan classics. An impeccable staff serves exquisitely prepared food, such as the pappardelle Dania (wide noodles tossed with tomatoes, garlic, and two cheeses). The menu changes according to the seasons; the well-culled (and expensive) wine list complements the selections. "We had an outrageously good dinner," writes a user of fodors.com. Guest rooms live up to the high standards created in the kitchen, as the terra-cotta floors, crisp fabrics, and immense bathrooms (most with Jacuzzis) further a sense of luxurious well-being.
- Address: Via della Madonnina 88, 25 km (15 mi) east of Abbazia di Monte Oliveto Maggiore, Montefollonico, 53040
- Phone: 0577/669668
- Website: www.ristorantelachiusa.it
- Location: Abbazia di Monte Oliveto Maggiore
- 15 rooms
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Closed Tues. and mid-Jan.–Mar.